What is personal information?
What personal information does CYB collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on your interaction with us. The types of personal information we collect and hold about you include your:
- full name;
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or date of birth;
- details of the products and services that you have acquired from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- if you are applying for a job with us, details about your qualifications and work experience.
We may collect other information about you whenever you interact with our Site including the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Site (such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information).
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. You may visit our Site anonymously, but you may be required to identify yourself in certain circumstances (such as if you order a product or service via our Site). We may also collect information directly from you when you visit our stores, including when you complete orders or other forms, and during conversations between you and our representatives.
When you are applying for a job with us, we may collect personal information about you from a referee that you nominate to provide a reference.
What happens if we can’t collect your information?
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to deliver any orders;
- we may not be able to provide our services to you , either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you
may want, including information about special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Site to your preferences and your experience
of our Site may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How we use collected information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it and for related
purposes (where you would reasonably expect us to). We may collect and use your personal
information for the following general purposes:
- to operate and improve our Site, including to provide you with access to protected areas of our Site and to assess the performance of our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to provide our products and services, including using the personal information that we collect online to fulfill your order(s);
- to conduct our business processing functions, including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers and other third parties who are involved in fulfilling your order(s);
- to communicate with you, including to answer your enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services, and to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of us and our related bodies
- corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to consider your application for employment with us; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Sharing your personal information
Depending on the dealings you have with us, we may disclose your personal information:
- within CYB, including between Century Yuasa Batteries Pty Ltd and subsidiaries of Century Yuasa Batteries Pty Ltd;
- to our employees, our contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our Site or our business, fulfilling orders and other requests made by you, and to otherwise receive services provided to us by third parties, including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Do we disclose personal information to anyone outside Australia?
Being part of a global group, CYB may share your personal information with our affiliates within the GS Yuasa Corporation. The countries in which our overseas affiliates are located are Japan, USA, the United Kingdom, Turkey, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Pakistan and India.
Direct Marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list within a reasonable time.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Web browser cookies
Using other websites
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site and our customer relationship software. We do this through a number of ways including:
- restricted access to personal information;
- using industry standard firewalls and security practices to protect personal information;
- using technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access to our network and
- internal policies in relation to the use of our computers and management of personal
However, as our Site is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Notifiable data breaches scheme
In the event of any loss or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How can you access and correct personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, you should contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate the complaint and aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
If you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (in writing) at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site and providing your personal information to us or our agents, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this policy, any concerns or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please contact us as follows:
Post: Attn: Office Manager
Century Yuasa Batteries Pty Ltd
49-65 Cobalt Street
Carole Park QLD 4300
Tel: (07) 3361 6166
This document was last updated August 2018.